On September 4th and 5th, the Digital October Center was played host to the ninth annual DC Conference, DC 2014. This time, the discussion was centered around the global issues of developing modern information technology: today, a data processing center isn’t just the life support system for an enterprise’s information system, it’s the center that creates and presents all IT services, without exception.
As most Russian and many foreign experts, leading industry specialists, and exhibitors will be participating in DC 2014, the conference will offer unique opportunities for networking and sharing your experiences.
Highlights were included:
- Effective Data Centers: new conceptions, trends, and opportunities
- Service models: ways of transforming IT
- How to minimize operating costs and effectively manage personnel
- How to maintain a balance between TCO and automation
- DC Architects: How to find and train personnel
- The software-configurable revolution: why will tomorrow’s DC look the way it will?
- The cloud as a successful business project
The conference was featured presentations by:
- Scott Noteboom — a world-renowned DC personality. At various times, Scott has headed up the creation and development of data center networks for companies such as Yahoo and Apple.
- Pitt Turner — founder of Uptime Institute, standards developer and author of the Tier Program.
- Fred Dickerman — a professional with more than 30 years of work experience in the design, development, and operation of data centers and other critical objects. Currently, he serves as Vice President of Operations at DataSpace.
- Alexey Shirokikh, Skoltech
- Alexander Shibaev, Bank of Russia
- Alexey Solodovnikov, Uptime Institute
- Yuri Shkandybin, Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Alexander Belyasnikov, LIFE finance group
- Olga Gabova, Raiffeisenbank
- Viktor Durygin, Moscow City Telephone Network
- Alexander Martynyuk, [dc]2
- Sanjeet Sandhu, Schneider Electric
- Evgeny Bogdanchikov, DataPro
- Victor Gavrilov, AMDTechnologies
- Veniamin Levtsov, Kaspersky Lab
- Andrey Milyaev, NordVent
- Alexander Vinogradov, EMC Russia
- Leonid Anikin, Softline
- Sergey Khalyapin, Citrix Systems
- Vladimir Komissarov, DEAC
- and many others
You can find biographies of all the speakers here: www.dcforum.ru/presenters