Russian-American Research Symposium
The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), in collaboration with the Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech), is organizing a Russian-American Research Symposium in Moscow on 15 December 2014. MIT is a global, leading, private science and engineering research university in Cambridge, Massachusetts, which has been ranked as one of the world’s top universities. Skoltech is a private graduate research university in Skolkovo, located just outside Moscow, that educates global leaders in innovation, advances scientific knowledge, and fosters new technologies to address critical issues facing Russia and the world. The Symposium marks the three-year anniversary of the MIT-Skoltech partnership. MIT has leveraged its expertise to help establish Skoltech in such areas as, research, education, innovation, entrepreneurship and administration. Leading scientists from MIT, Skoltech, and other Russian universities will present at the Symposium the results of their collaborative research to an audience of several hundred scientists, students, innovators and entrepreneurs from Russian universities and research organizations. The Russian-American Research Symposium will offer exciting, hands-on opportunities to:
- Exchange novel ideas in translational research, innovation, and entrepreneurship;
- Meet over 30 leading Russian and MIT scientists who will present their research and share valuable insights on scientific trends in Biomedicine, Energy, Computational Science and Technology, Advanced Materials, and Aerospace;
- Engage with academic and student innovators in a special session focused on Entrepreneurship and the Research University;
- Learn about and share cutting edge scientific trends;
- Network with leading researchers, innovators, and students.
The Symposium will include plenary presentations, a panel focused on translational research, and parallel sessions for the identified fields of science. All sessions will be in English. For further information, please visit the symposium website at http://web.mit.edu/sktech/symposium. We look forward to welcoming you at Digital October in Moscow on December 15 for this exciting event.