RMA: Paradoxes in the Russian Concert Industry
On April 9 the Digital October center will host a round table entitled “The Concert Market: Death Throes or Just Getting its Second Wind?” The event is organized by the Music Business and Entertainment Industry Management department of the RMA business school and is supported by our center.
All are welcome to attend the event as participation is free, requiring only registration. The experts will explain why music channels are shutting down and radio is more and more exclusively given over to talk shows if the concert market is growing and events featuring high-budget Russian and Western show business stars are becoming more and more common.
The round table will also facilitate a discussion on the present and future role of different regions in the structure of the Russian concert market, the influence of the internet on the music business and the problems associated with monetizing content. Participants will also address subjects entitled “The tickets we have; the audience we don’t” and “How to make it as a young, unnoticed talent.”
Moderating the discussion will be musical columnist at Kommersant Boris Barabanov, along with the following, who have already confirmed their participation:
- Vladimir Zubitsky, general director at Russian Show Center, a subsidiary of Sav Entertainment
- Igor Tonkikh, promoter and club developer (Territoriya, Ikra, GlavClub), Subbotnik festival director at Gorky Park
- Vlad Davydov, managing director of the music holding company IKON
- Evgeny Safronov, general director of the communications holding InterMedia
- Mikhail Evgrafov, media manager (A-One, Channel One Russia)
- Irina Sherbakova, founder and promoter of the concert agency Caviar Lounge
- Stepan Kazaryan, independent promoter (On-The-Go)
- Dmitry Zaretsky and Andrey Samorukov, concert promoters at Pop Farm
- Semyon Galperin, producer at the Tele-Klub concert hall (Yekaterinburg)
- Maria Semushkina, general director of ArtMania agency, idea originator and president of the Usadba Jazz festival
- Artur Shachnev, general producer of Artur V. Shachnev Production