A Lecture by General Director of Survey Monkey David Goldberg
On November 28, a lecture by David Goldberg, CEO of the company SurveyMonkey, took place in the Digital October center in the framework of the series Big Game.
SurveyMonkey is a world leader in the area of conducting surveys and research online. The company has offices operating in the United States, Brazil, Portugal, and Luxembourg. SurveyMonkey has clients all over the world, their number exceeding 12 million. SurveyMonkey’s services are used by 99% of the corporations on the Fortune 500 list. In 2011, the value of the company itself was evaluated at more than $1 billion.
Thanks to its extensive client base and its work on the market since 1999, SurveyMonkey has gathered an immense volume of information that allows it to track world trends in the areas of marketing, entrepreneurship, and innovation.
Before heading SurveyMonkey, David Goldberg was involved in entrepreneurship, venture investment, and management of companies in the areas of the music industry and technology. At present, he is a member of the boards of directors of Ancestry.com, The Washington Post Company, GMG Entertainment, and Dashbox.
In his lecture, David Goldberg shared the observations that he had acquired and talked about how our world is changing under the influence of an increasing flow of information. In addition, David talked about marketing and touch upon such important subjects as
- processing large volumes of data;
- separating out information that is useful for a company from surveys and client feedback;
- increasing the effectiveness of a firm’s business processes on the basis of acquired information.
Goldberg also presented the findings of a survey carried out by SurveyMonkey and Digital October. The research has shown
- what, in the opinion of Russian entrepreneurs themselves, will influence the development of entrepreneurship in Russia in the next three years;
- what kind of global technological and economic trends will affect Russian business most;
- whether personnel will appear on the market who are more suited for innovative companies;
- how Russian entrepreneurs are planning to develop their businesses in the next three years.