Innovations in Medicine: Treating Athletes
The Sochi Olympics have come to a close, but interest in athletes has not waned. On April 18th medical specialists will gather at the Digital October Center to attend a course entitled “Joint Injuries in Sports: What Can Be Done?”
The course is targeted at sports doctors, physical therapists, national team doctors, and gym doctors. Leading Russian specialists in diagnostics, traumatology, orthopedic surgery, and rehab medicine will discuss sports injuries and the newest ways to treat them.
The program will include:
- presentations on different types of joint injuries;
- a review of the latest methods for diagnostics, treatment, rehab, and preventative care;
- an exhibition for the latest medical technologies and equipment.
Presiding over the course will be:
- Professor Andrey Korolev, head doctor and medical director at ECSTO, professor at the Peoples’ Friendship University of Russia, and president of ASTAOR;
- Professor Sergey Morozov, director of the radiodiagnostics service at EMC and professor at the I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University;
- Dr. Yaroslav Smakotnin, head doctor of the Russian volleyball team, head doctor of the Russian Volleyball Association, and Honoured Medical Doctor of Russia.
Read more about the event and registration here.
If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.