Data Center Design & Engineering 2013
On April 23rd, the Digital October Center hosted Iksmedia Inc.’s international Data Center Design & Engineering Conference, which was dedicated to the data center industry.
This event was designed as a professional platform for Russian specialists who work with corporate and commercial data systems to share their ideas and experiences. The conference was devoted to the critical topics involving the design, structure and use of data center engineering systems, as well as a number of practical questions facing every industry professional.
Presenters at the Data Center Design & Engineering Conference included representatives from The Uptime Institute, Yandex, Mail.Ru Group, Rostelecom, Edarat Group, Intel, Sberbank, and other companies.
- Is having a low PUE important?
- Is investing in energy effectiveness worthwhile?
- Who can help you put together a data system?
- A design engineer, a consultant, an integrator, or a vendor?
- How can you find a platform for your data center? What kind of criteria should you use to choose one?
- Is modularity still expensive?
- Is DCIM really necessary?
- How can you minimize your upgrade costs?
- What can you do to avoid rejection?
- What maintenance strategies are most effective?
- Is the Russian standard useful? Can it help?
- How should you build your operations service?
- How can you lower your energy use?
- Is there room in Russian society for alternative energy sources?