AppStore: from Development to the Top
On July 30 the local division of the Founder Institute, created at the Digital October Center, hosted a meeting with FI Moscow mentors Bayram Annakov and Sergey Pronin, CEO and lead developer, respectively, at Empatika.
The master class featured Bayram and Sergey sharing their four-year experience with creating mobile products, answering questions and speaking in particular about:
- Apple audits
- how they have resolved issues with productivity, memory management, and testing
- the evolution of interfaces
- what hackathons have taught them, in particular the Facebook WorldHack that took place at the Digital October Center
- analytics and intuition in business
- their experience working with government and corporate orders for new programs
Just like many others, the business model for their startup has morphed over time: after beginning in consulting, today the company is focused on development, with a heavy emphasis placed on apps.
They have had to deal with many different projects featuring varying timelines, from one day to multiple years, and have built apps for social networks, LBS servers, and a taxi service. In the beginning of 2011 they also ran the first Russian School for iOS Developers, a project that has attracted many communities and companies.
Developing apps for Apple smartphones is Empatika’s strong suit. Last year App in the Air, their free app for airline passengers, made Business Insider’s list of 100 Greatest Apps, also receiving glowing reviews from Mashable and Gizmodo.
Tickets for the event are being sold at 300 rubles.
Annakov CEO of Empatika
Pronin Lead Developer, Empatika
Lead Developer, Empatika